Κυριακή 12 Νοεμβρίου 2017

American Prince (New Camelot Trilogy #2) by Sierra Simone

32734331American Prince (Sierra Simone)


SUMMARY


I’ve been many things.

I’ve been a son and a stepbrother. An Army captain and a Vice President.

But only with Him am I a prince. His little prince.

Only with Maxen and Greer does my world make sense, only between them can I find peace from the demons that haunt me. But men like me aren’t made to be happy. We don’t deserve it. And I should have known a love as sharp as ours could cut both ways.

My name is Embry Moore and I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States…for now.

This is the story of an American Prince.


MY REVIEW


All's fair in love and war and this does not necessary need to make sense.

In love and war most of the times the actions have absolutely no reason or logic behind them. They are what they are.
If there is love and lust at the same time, the effects are intensified.

Thus forgive me, but I will not review a marvelous piece of unblemished art. I never liked this kind of books anyway.

What I read is a beautiful example of a mainstream (by its irregularities) story. What I read is a heartbreaking, breathtaking love-story with its flaws, its exaggerations, its mythology and its uniqueness.

After the author has set perfectly the scene in American Princess, we get here the perfect middle book in the trilogy.

American Prince is the book that leads to the absolute destruction piece by piece of
a) Ash, Greer and Embry's relationship which had been magically tight with promises and oaths.
b) The relationship dynamics between Ash and Embry, who have started questioning who is the King and who is the Prince, who is the boss and who is the loyal servant.
c) The long last friendship between Ash and Embry which used to have the strongest foundations and the most intense feelings.
d) The myth of the flawless, perfect Queen with the unreasonable, unrealistic expectations by everyone.

The book has so many loose threads in the end. I am not sure how the author will bring everything together in book 3. There is so much devastation and drama. I finished the book yesterday and I still feel feverish.

It is so very clever the way the author entwines the old story of the two men that have fallen in love during a war and the new story of the two friends who are trying to achieve happiness with their Queen while everything seems to be against them and they even doubt themselves and their love.

I absolutely loved the war scenes that were associated with some of the oldest unattached mysterious places in the heart of Europe. It has the quality of an old fashioned story. It almost felt that it is a novel based on the Second World War.
And it is a nice change the fact the bad guys are NOT Muslim terrorists.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I will try to read something completely different now because I need to calm down.

Final remark 1: If you are not familiar with books that include the following, please be prepared before you start this book:
-scenes with humiliation in general
-sexual acts that include humiliation and/or physical pain
-rape fantasies
-intense dominant/submissive MM sex scenes,
-strong unpleasant thoughts and images which the process of catharsis brings
catharsis: Greek word that means the purification and purgation of emotions (e.g. fear and self-pity) through extreme techniques like bringing repressed feelings and memories into consciousness.

Final remark 2: F@ck you Morgan! F@ck you Abilene! F@ck you Melwas! And a special one F@ck you Merlin! I am tired of him warning the wrong people at the wrong times.

Final remark 3: Since I am fuming right now, I expect my HEA in book 3. I want a few major twists. And I want my King to speak finally and give every two-faced, manipulative bitch some hell.
 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου