Τετάρτη 18 Οκτωβρίου 2017

The Bad Guy by Celia Aaron

34464710The Bad Guy (Celia Aaron)


SUMMARY


My name is Sebastian Lindstrom, and I’m the villain of this story.
I’ve decided to lay myself bare. To tell the truth for once in my hollow life, no matter how dark it gets. And I can assure you, it will get so dark that you’ll find yourself feeling around the blackened corners of my mind, seeking a door handle that isn’t there.
Don’t mistake this for a confession. I neither seek forgiveness nor would I accept it. My sins are my own. They keep me company. Instead, this is the true tale of how I found her, how I stole her, and how I lost her.
She was a damsel, one who already had her white knight. But every fairy tale has a villain, someone waiting in the wings to rip it all down. A scoundrel who will set the world on fire if that means he gets what he wants. That’s me.
I’m the bad guy. 




MY REVIEW

 
"You stole everything from me. Everything."
"I'm sorry."
"No you aren't. If you were sorry, you'd let me go."
"I can't."
"You're afraid I'll tell?"
"No."
"Then what?"
"I don't think I can live without you."


Sebastian is the cutest possessive psycho...
When he sees Camille for the first time, he instantly wants her.

Camille is already with someone else ie. the very patient and understanding, blue-balled Link. But it seems that she is interested in the gorgeous Link's boss ie. our boy Sebastian.

When Sebastian starts feeling that the earth moves around Camille (a very strange and unique feeling for him to say the least), he does not behave as a normal human being.

He does not tell her compliments.
He does not ask her out.
He does not send her flowers.

Instead...
He installs cameras at her home.
He organise a fake research expedition at Amazon to lure her.
He kidnaps her and puts an ankle bracelet to her to prevent her from escaping.

The good thing is that...
He never forces her.
He never hits her.
He never manhandles her in order to make her his.

But...
He gives her expensive clothing.
He provides her favourite deserts.
He offers her favourite rare books.
And of course he gifts her with the most perfect greenhouse in order to continue her research.

Where you're concerned, I'll be as creepy as necessary to make you happy.

Lucky girl...who wants her freedom back...
Doesn't she?
Maybe not.
Maybe deep down she likes bad guys.
Maybe her favourite movie is American Psycho with Christian Bale.

I enjoyed this book!
I never ever felt that Camille was threatened.
I don't think that Sebastian is the typical psychopath. He is just unique in his thinking and acting. He is definitely dangerous, but not lost in his mind and his urges.
A calculating person is NOT necessarily a psychopath.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου