Παρασκευή 6 Οκτωβρίου 2017

Sovereign (Acquisition #3) by Celia Aaron

27804815Sovereign (Celia Aaron)


SUMMARY


The Acquisition has ruled my life, ruled my every waking moment since Sinclair Vinemont first showed up at my house offering an infernal bargain to save my father’s life. Now I know the stakes. The charade is at an end, and Sinclair has far more to lose than I ever did.

But this knowledge hasn’t strengthened me. Instead, each revelation breaks me down until nothing is left but my fight and my rage. As I struggle to survive, only one question remains. How far will I go to save those I love and burn the Acquisition to the ground? 


MY REVIEW


The ending is epic!

Well, before I can talk more about this series, we need to establish some ground rules:

a) You need to understand that this is not reality! (At least I hope it is not…)

b) You have to accept that all situations are extreme and they do not really approach normality.

c) You need to leave behind all your doubts and your questions about the sanity of the main characters.

QUESTIONS LIKE:
Why is she behaving like this? Is this how he is supposed to talk? Why did he/she tolerate this exactly? I wouldn’t do that, would I? How can they do this to these people? Where is the police? Where is Batman to save them?
CANNOT BE APPLIED IN THIS SERIES.

d) Don’t think of this as a BDSM series. I am sure you will notice that Sinclair likes torturing Stella. He loves hurting her and she loves being hurt by him. The third book of the series is the ultimate proof. But this is not a lovers’ game with safe words and a bit of spanking. This is just twisted. No rules.

“But she likes it when I hurt her.”

On the bright side, there are worse characters than him in the book. Cal Oakman for example is an excellent sadist. Unfortunately for him, Stella has chosen Sinclair.

e) You will not hear many love words by Sinclair. He will mainly humiliate and break apart Stella.

“Get the fuck out of here. You can eat with the dogs where you belong.”

“What is wrong is that I ever thought you were more than the whore daughter of a petty criminal.”


Surely it is part of the game, but deep down he definitely enjoys it and she corresponds accordingly. As a result there is not much groveling. But when the groveling comes, I assure you that you will enjoy it.

f) You need to realize that this is not a Dark Romance. This book is just about dark twisted games and a matter of revenge on book 3. A revenge that is delivered beautifully. Finally there is some fire and some rightful killings!

Okay, now that you know what to expect:
Stella is, at last, part of the inner circle in the third book. She learns all the secrets and it is now her own decision to stay and fight to the end. The Vinemont family has never before been so close together united.
There will be two more trials for her, until the forthcoming victory. The trials will be about family and about the people she cares for. They will be bloody and painful and once more they will test her limits.

The epilogue is dreamy and if I dare to say maybe it belongs to a different book/series.
Still it will make you very happy!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου