Τετάρτη 4 Οκτωβρίου 2017

Magnate (Acquisition #2) by Celia Aaron

28605375Magnate (Celia Aaron)


SUMMARY


Lucius Vinemont has spirited me away to a world of sugar cane and sun. There is nothing he cannot give me on his lavish Cuban plantation. Each gift seduces me, each touch seals my fate. There is no more talk of depraved competitions or his older brother – the one who’d stolen me, claimed me, and made me feel things I never should have. Even as Lucius works to make me forget Sinclair, my thoughts stray back to him, to the dark blue eyes that haunt my sweetest dreams and bitterest nightmares. Just like every dream, this one must end. Christmas will soon be here, and with it, the second trial of the Acquisition.







MY REVIEW


My suspicions are confirmed. Stella is truly a masochist and Sinclair is definitely a sadist. And that is the best part of the book! (…just being sarcastic here…)

Well, this was a painful to read book.

I was tensed while I was reading, just thinking the torturing that Stella has to endure during the Christmas trial. It is not a big secret among the family members anyway.
I was scared thinking what Lucius, Sinclair's younger brother, is going to do to her now that he owns her.
And I was absolutely sure that Stella’s lovely stepbrother is going to double-cross her.

Thank God the outcome is not as bad as I expected – even if it is pure torture to watch. But still it could have been much worse.

Sinclair Vinemont. Sin. Hmm. I cannot say that I finally like him. Let’s just say that he has taken a step to the right direction. There are seven rules that the participant families in the games need to follow. I kind of understand Sinclair’s desperate need to win when I learned the first rule – although I do not understand why someone and his family participate in the games in the first place. How much power-starved they have to be...

Stella Rousseau. Hmm. Still I do not understand what she is doing there. But I am expecting to see some more common sense from her in book 3, “Sovereign”.

She promised actually:
“I would come out the other side. And when I did, I would burn the entire Acquisition to the ground.”
And I hope that she keeps her promise.
  

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου