Παρασκευή 11 Αυγούστου 2017

Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2) by Ruby Dixon

25802043 Barbarian Alien (Ruby Dixon)


SUMMARY


Twelve humans are left stranded on a wintry alien planet. I’m one of them. Yay, me.

In order to survive, we have to take on a symbiont that wants to rewire our bodies to live in this brutal place. I like to call it a cootie. And my cootie’s a jerk, because it also thinks I’m the mate to the biggest, surliest alien of the group. 






MY REVIEW 


Oooh, Me likey a lot!

After finishing the second book of “Ice Planet Barbarians”, I believe it is safe to compare the books to a box of chocolates. You know you will love them (because chocolate, dah…) , but you are not sure what kind of flavor or texture you will get.

I think this time I got the crunchy, sprinkle with nuts chocolate outside but with a gooey and melting milk chocolate inside, maybe with a surprise hazelnut in the centre.

Raahosh (i.e. the angry one who growls according to Kira’s translator) is simply a huge sweetheart. Tough, muscled all over, with ridges, scarred, really scary.
But apparently he has the best heart, the best intentions and he is truly a virgin.

Raahosh never had a loving family. He never had something that belonged to him. So when his khui is vibrating and purring for Liz, he is so happy that he found his mate. Until Liz starts talking and it becomes obvious that she hates him and unfortunate Raahosh cannot understand his khui anymore.
“My khui is an idiot.”

Still Raahosh does not give up. He steals away Liz and he tries to convince her to accept him as a mate and to carry his child.

Liz is an independent, smart mouth, feisty girl who does not want to become a mommy
no matter how much her khui insists….

“The cootie in my chest thrums, and I smack it to silence it. Fucking cootie.”

…and
no matter how hard Raadosh is trying to convince her.

“I really hate this guy,” I say as I chew aloud. “Can’t make lemonade when the lemon’s such a huge dick.”

Of course being a virgin and all and knowing nothing about the strange human courtship, does not help our big blue friend.

Needless to say, I loved this book. I laughed my head off and I had a great time with this awkward couple. They definitely deserve each other.

(If you don’t know what khui is, please read the first book. It is an interesting surprise…)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου