Κυριακή 16 Ιουλίου 2017

Film: The Exorcist

The Exorcist (Director: William Friedkin)



Awards: winner of 2 Academy Awards (best sound mixing and best adaptive screenplay). First horror film nominated for academy award for best picture.

Although this is a horror movie based on a horror book, there are two wonderful greek love songs included in the movie. They are part of the movie soundtrack during the most peaceful scene of the movie, when the priest visits his really old Greek mother.

Book: The Exorcist (1971)
Author: William Peter Blatty

Greek song 1: My Story

Singer: Rita Sakellariou

Creators: Giorgos Manisalis and Kostas Psichogios


The drink of sin is sweet
Who is that who never longed to drink
This sweetness of the stolen happiness
More or less we have all tasted it

My story, my sin
My biggest mistake
You're my illness
Deep inside
And how can I stamp it out

Greek song 2: My Little Fairytale

Singer: Giannis Kalatzis

Creators: Manos Loizos and Lefteris Papadopoulos


They told you I was having a lot of fights
A real man full of sorrow
I don't care about anyone and I don't beg
I don't draw ever back

My little fairytale, Don't scold me
My little window, Don't remain close
My little fairytale, Don't cry
And don't let your heart be broken.




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου