Πέμπτη 20 Απριλίου 2017

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels #2) by Ilona Andrews

1811543 Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews

Summary 
Down in Atlanta, tempers – and temperatures – are about to flare…

As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate’s going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one.

When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta’s paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest – and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can’t stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive…


My review
Sexually frustrated Kate Daniels is being pursued by every interesting male creature in this book:

a) Saiman (With a magic store body, a Polymorph i.e. he changes human forms):
“Can you dance? Dance with me Kate!”,
“Stay with me. It will be fun.”

b) Ghastec (One of the People, a Master of the Dead i.e. he creates vampires)
“A pleasure to see you, as always”,
“You are in an excellent physical shape and you are well proportioned.”

c) Bran (A goddess' hound, a scoundrel, a thief, a brigand, a human previously who just wanted to be hero and to be remembered)
“Keep me warm tonight and maybe I’ll feel generous in the morning.”
“Why don’t you sleep with me? Kiss me and I promise I’ll talk.”

d) Raphael (a fun, patient hyena, a male Bouda)
“Two years? That’s entirely too long. If you want, we can take care of that. After two years, it’s pure therapy.”

And undoubtedly the absolute winner

e) Curran (The Furry Highness, the Lord of the Beasts, the Shapeshifters' Pack leader)
“Not only will you sleep with me, but you will say 'please.'
You will say 'please' before and 'thank you' after."

Of course she is not saving herself for marriage.
The reasons are more complicated and involve the exchange of magic and great power.

Oh and there was some fighting all around in the book, but I was not paying attention.

(Okay, I am only joking. The battles were magnificent!)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου